We are under a legal obligation to let you know what personal information we collect about you, what we use it for and on what basis.
We always need a good reason and we also have to explain to you your rights in relation to that information.
But whatever we do with your information, we need a legal basis for doing it. We only collect your personal data when you have placed an order for goods or services with us. We are entitled to process your information so that we can provide the goods or services to you, bill you for it or contact you for delivery/service provision.
You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to have a copy of it, and you can ask us to change or sometimes delete it.
Please read the policy carefully as it applies to our consumer, sole trader and partnership customers but doesn’t apply to information we hold about companies or organisations.
It also applies even if you’re not one of our customers and you interact with us as part of running our business, such as by:
- using one of our products or services – paid for by someone else
- calling our support team
- generally enquiring about our services
What’s not included
You should review their privacy policies before giving them your personal information.
Who are we?
At Corsto Ltd, we’re part of a larger group – the Corsto Group. Some other companies and parts of the Corsto Group have their own separate privacy policies. And they’ll apply if you buy your product or service direct from them.
Corsto Web Design Ltd
Corsto Direct Ltd
Accessing and updating how we use your information
You can access and update the information we hold about you by contacting us. Once we’ve looked at your request, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear from us.
We’ll always try to help you with your request but we can refuse if we believe doing so would have a negative effect on others or the current laws prevents us.
Even though we have to complete your request free of charge, we are allowed to reject requests if
- they’re repetitive
- you don’t have the right to ask for the information
- or the requests made are excessive
If that’s the case, we’ll explain why we believe we don’t have to fulfil the request.
Want a copy of the information we hold about you?
If you want a copy of your billing information, log in to your account or email us and we’ll send it to you. (You must be the account holder to ask for this information.)
If you want to see what contact information we hold about you, you can also log in to your account.
You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you by contacting us.
We’ll reply electronically unless you ask us to send the information by post.
Concerned about what we’re doing with your personal information?
You can ask us to correct, complete, delete or stop using any personal information
we hold about you by contacting us via email or post.
If you want us to stop using personal information we’ve collected via cookies on our website or apps, you should either change your cookie settings for your app or in your browser settings.
In some cases, we might decide to keep information, even if you ask us not to. This would only be for legal or regulatory reasons, so that we can keep providing our products and services, or for another legitimate reason. For example, we keep certain billing information to show we have charged you correctly.
Where we can, we’ll confirm any changes.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The personal information we collect depends on the products and services you have purchased from us.
We’ll use your personal information to provide you with products and services. This applies when you register for or buy a product or service from us or if you register for an online account with us or sign up to our loyalty scheme.
This means we’ll:
- record details about the products and services you use or order from us
- update you on when we’ll deliver, connect or install your products and services
- let you create and log in to the online accounts we run
- charge you and make sure your payment reaches us
- give information to someone else if we need to for the product or service you’ve ordered when provided direct from another distributor or manufacturer. . We have strict controls in place to make sure the data is properly protected
We use the following to provide products and services and manage your account:
- Your contact details. This includes your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Your payment and financial information (albeit we do not retain any card details)
- Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls.
- Information from cookies placed on your connected devices that we need so we can provide a service.
We use this information to carry out our contract and provide products or services to you.
To meet our legal and obligatory requirements
We might have to release personal information about you to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
To law enforcement agencies
Under investigatory powers legislation, we might have to share personal information about you to government and law-enforcement agencies, such as the police, to help detect and stop crime or prosecute offenders.
They might ask for the following details.
- Your contact details. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address, passwords
- Your communications with us, such as calls, emails and webchats
- Your payment and financial information
- Details of the products and services you’ve bought
The balance between privacy and investigatory powers is challenging. We’ll only share personal information about you where we have to legally share it with another person. That might be when a law says we have to share that information or because of a court order.
Who do we share information with and why
We share your personal information with other companies within Corsto Group.
We also use other service providers to process personal information on our behalf only in fulfilling product or services to you.
Using other service providers
We use other providers to carry out fulfilment of products or services on our behalf to you and to process payment transactions.
Where we use another organisation we still control your personal information and we have strict controls in place to make sure your information is properly protected.
Protecting your information and how long we keep it
We have strict measures to protect your personal information by use of password and encryption.
- a summary copy of your bills for six years from the date of the bill
- your contact details on file while you’re one of our customers, and for six years after;
- details relating to any dispute for six years after it was closed
In other cases we’ll store personal information for the periods needed for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed. Sometimes we’ll keep it for longer if we need to by law. Otherwise we delete it.
How to contact us
You can get in touch with us by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at